Terms & Conditions
Oakleystone Northern Ltd ("the Company") reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without notice and such changes will take effect on the date of publication.
(1) Trade Accounts. The Company is a Garden Ornament Manufacturer and Wholesaler. All buyers must submit a trade account application. The Company reserves the right to reject any application and close trade accounts without prior notice.
All new customer MUST provide details required on the account form, Trade references must be provided to open a credit account, this will determine what payment terms can be offered. Those outside of the UK, are opened on a pro forma basis.
(2) Minimum Order Value. The minimum order value for free delivery within England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales is £1100.
(3) Delivery. The company only offers free delivery within the UK. Buyers in other countries are advised to obtain a quotation for onward delivery before ordering, as the company will only provide free delivery to a UK Port. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that they can accept delivery of pallets/large vans. While the Company can advise a date of delivery, it can’t advise a time.
It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that the Delivery Note sent with the goods corresponds with the goods received. The buyer must check the goods upon delivery as the Company will not consider any discrepancies in the order after 48 hours of delivery.
The company does not offer a drop shipping service. It is down to the buyer to organise delivery for their own customers once stock has been received by them.
(4) Damages. Buyers are advised to unpack pallets from the top. All goods are packed carefully to ensure that they are not damaged in transit. If upon unpacking, where all reasonable care has been taken by the buyer, the goods are found to be damaged, the buyer must provide the Company with a photograph of the damaged item(s) within 48 hours of delivery. Photographs of damaged goods should be emailed to us or the buyers sales agent.
Buyers must photograph any visible signs of damage to the packaging/pallet before unpacking as this may be used by the Company to pursue a claim against third party shipping companies. The Company accepts no liability for damage to goods which occurs during secondary handling, i.e. once removed from the pallet or delivery vehicle.
Buyers paying on a pro forma basis will receive a credit note for damaged goods against their next order. Once a Delivery Note has been provided by Oakleystone Northern Ltd’s Driver, and signed by the buyer, the Company will not accept any discrepancies or damages in the order as grounds for a credit note.
(5) Orders and Payment. The Company endeavours to dispatch all orders within 2 weeks Unfortunately, this isn’t always guaranteed due to products being handmade and damages occurring, which effects the stock levels, especially during the height of the season.
If the buyer has customer orders (COs), the Company will endeavour to supply the required goods. Buyers must advise the Company of any COs in their order. The Company advises buyers not to take deposits on COs as they can’t guarantee that the buyer will receive all goods due to stock levels within the warehouse, this will however be advised prior to the order being dispatched.
If an account is on Proforma, orders will be processed and dispatched once payment has been received by the Company.
All goods remain the property of Oakleystone Northern Ltd until paid for in full by the buyer.
(6) Product Variation. As some of our products are handmade and dyed, the buyer may find some variation in the colour and finish. The Company will not consider such variation as grounds for a credit note or rejection of goods. From time to time, the company may have to substitute products ordered due to stock levels. If the buyer doesn’t wish for this to happen this must be stated when placing their order.
(7) Use of Images. While the Company welcomes the use of its photographic material for use with the buyer's marketing literature, prior permission must be sought from the Company.